#17 - ROEGELS BARBECUE - Beefy on a Sunday morning


It’s a treat to find a BBQ joint with great food that keeps the line moving. That's why I liked Roegels Barbecue.  I visited on a Sunday in October and it was music to my mouth. Words alone don’t do it justice, so I wrote a song about it.  It goes something like this…(please forgive me Lionel Richie and The Commodores, it's just parody).




I know it sounds funny but, I just can't stand to wait


Girl, I'm Roegeling tomorrow
If you know me you know I'll eat all I can
Their sausage, smoked beef and some collards (oooh)

I'm at Roegels (ba-rbecue)
I'm beefy on a Sunday morning (nom, nom, nom, nom)
Cause at Roegels (top barbecue)
I'm beefy like Sunday morning


Why in the world would anybody put sauce on meat?
It’s like a hot dog in a punch bowl
Eat the meat with no sauce, it's the way that God meant it to be
You'll be happy and you won't be faking, no

That's why at Roegels (best barbecue)
I'm beefy on Sunday morning (no sauce, you fool)
Oh at Roegels (top 50 barbecue)
I'm beefy on a Sunday morning

I wanna eat pie, no pie?*
I wanna eat pork and ribs and turkey yeah all right
I wanna eat beef (meat!)
More beef whoa babe

And now I’m sleepy (I ate a cow)
And out until Monday morning, (a bird and two sows)
But Roegels is easy (top 50 barbecue)
and beefy on a Sunday morning

Roegels = great barbecue, and you won't have to sing for your supper.






*no pie, but they do have a rockin' peach cobbler and banana pudding

Comments

Popular Posts